Reimagining Medicine and Illness Revelations
The four years of work accomplished under THE BETES® and the goals of the 2020 Strategic Plan has built the groundwork to transition the majority of our work to Reimagining Medicine at Duke University and the interdisciplinary artistic project Illness Revelations: The Bodies of Medicine.
Working at a leading academic and medical center provides for opportunities and expansion of the vision of THE BETES® beyond what was possible under a small 501(c)3 not-for-profit.
2017 - 2020 THE BETES® Strategic Plan - Executive Summary
In this first strategic plan, our overarching goal is to build the team, processes and financial support that we need to achieve our vision. As we prepare our 2020 strategic plan, we want to have:
- Effective, evidence-based programming
- A strong board and staff working intelligently and efficiently to achieve our mission
- A diverse and reliable group of financial supporters
- Meaningful partnerships that help us expand our capacity to achieve our mission
- A reputation as a leader in using performing arts to deliver transformative health experiences
THE BETES® will have created performance programming successfully delivered to a diverse range of audiences. These audiences vary by age, relationship to diabetes (living with diabetes, professional and lay caregivers), and setting (camps, conferences, schools, medical institutions, private and community events).
Our goal for 2020 is to lay the groundwork for successfully scaling the organization to serve additional chronic illness populations.